Advanced Contextual Safeguarding
This unique course combines real life experience and academic theory, giving participants the opportunity to apply contextual safeguarding to a real case study and hone their assessment planning skills.
- Explore tools and techniques to risk assess contexts in where children are being exploited .
- Gain confidence to create robust safeguarding plans for those contexts.
- Gain an in depth understanding of social and street capital and apply that learning to a real life case study.
This course is fast paced and learners will receive a significant amount of information during the session. The training is deliberately delivered in this manner to reflect real life i.e. the time limitations/pressures professional’s face and also, the reality of young people’s experiences when they are being exploited.
Advanced Contextual Safeguarding is a fantastic training. Really helped me to understand how to break down a situation for a young person and family and look out in the wider context of what things/people can help to make life better for those young people and help to keep them safe. Love the work with parents being safeguarding partners! Great course, would definitely recommend! – Course Participant
“This was a fantastic training. The delivery was very powerful and impactful. It really brought to life the principle of thinking about the situation from the child’s point of view, and introduced me to new theories such as ‘Street Capital Theory’ which I could apply to cases I am currently working with. It helped to think about how our view of what is safe for a child who is being exploited may not be consistent with the child’s view. I will feel more confident expressing this in meetings moving forward” – DHI Worker
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Understand the concepts of contextual safeguarding and its approach
- Recognise extra familial harms and the contexts it takes place
- Gain confidence for peer mapping and safeguarding
- Be able to carry out robust assessment planning, understanding context interplay and weighting
- Apply the contextual safeguarding framework and weighting approach to real case studies to reflect on how to reduce risk
- Understand street capitol theory and social field’s theory.
- Understand how to apply street capital theory and social fields theory to a real life case study
- Evaluate disruption approaches to address risks
This course is CPD accredited.
“Thank you so much for this incredible training, I feel that it was one of the best training events that I have ever attended” – Social Worker
Who is this course for?
- Residential workers
- Housing Officers
- Foster Carers
- Youth Service Workers
- Police Officers
- Social Workers
- Teaching and School staff
For individual bookings: £85 per delegate
Discount available for multiple bookings. You can also commission us to run the course in your workplace if you have a large number of staff wishing to attend. Please get in touch to find out more.
Online, via MS Teams.
15th May 2024 Book your place
9th July 2024 Book your place
Meet the Trainer
Dr Sarah Hall has extensive experience as an academic researcher in child exploitation, influenced by her early career in youth work and parent support. Sarah is passionate about the importance of family-centered, holistic support for families affected by child exploitation.